T428 4.1.1 Firmware

fwupow

Re: T428 4.1.1 Firmware

Postby fwupow » Wed May 08, 2013 11:36 pm

People always assume that everyone else is just like them. It's a strange part of human nature.
A developer will assume that everyone has two monitors on their desk, so they can connect the T428 to an HDMI input on the second monitor and see the T428 video at the same time as they are viewing the host computer and Flash Utility on the primary monitor.

Of course you and I & most regular people have PCs that are far distant from the television and will not see the T428 video output at all.

ginopaneg

Postby ginopaneg » Thu May 09, 2013 2:54 am

fwupow wrote:People always assume that everyone else is just like them. It's a strange part of human nature.
A developer will assume that everyone has two monitors on their desk, so they can connect the T428 to an HDMI input on the second monitor and see the T428 video at the same time as they are viewing the host computer and Flash Utility on the primary monitor.

Of course you and I & most regular people have PCs that are far distant from the television and will not see the T428 video output at all.

it is not necessary to connect the T428 to a monitor, you can do everything from pc

Caitlin

Postby Caitlin » Thu May 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Caitlin wrote:What is supposed to happen after the program completes?

How long should the reflash and first boot take?
When should I move the micro-usb cable from my lapitop to the permanent power adapter?
Is any of this documented anywhere?

i apparently had an inadequaate power supply, when I used a better one the flash took and we went to the next step.

Tronsssmart and/or Rockchip earn some demerits here:

* the inadequate power supply was the one the product shipped with.
* there was no indication whatsoever about what had gone wrong.
* The 4.2.2 ROM should never have gotten out of QA in the first place.

JREED

Postby JREED » Tue May 14, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi,

I bought three Tronsmart 428 sticks and one came with Green Man laying on the back and Red Triangle on top. I tried to flash several times but keep coming up as same result.

I am scared to flash my two working T428 sticks, if I get this dead green Android man on my TV then I will be in trouble expensive shipping back to China.

Please advice.

Thanks,
John

Xspawn23

Postby Xspawn23 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 pm

How are you doing? I followed the steps loaded the driver, changed the path names and hit run which prompted me the parameter was modified but when I hit yes I get a error message saying "Stop Running, no found setting". If anybody has any insight I'd appreciate it thanks.

Caitlin

Postby Caitlin » Wed May 15, 2013 9:20 am

Xspawn23 wrote:How are you doing? I followed the steps loaded the driver, changed the path names and hit run which prompted me the parameter was modified but when I hit yes I get a error message saying "Stop Running, no found setting". If anybody has any insight I'd appreciate it thanks.

I'm far from an expert, but just running a checklist of the stumbling points I hit:

* Did you check the checkboxes to the left of the names? All but the last box should be checked. The text does not tell you this, you have to match the pictures.
* If that is correct, isthe Rockchip device being reported as found? Is windows complaining about an unknown device?
* Are you running as an admininstrator?
* If everything seems to work, but the write does not produce a rebooting HDMI stick, double check your power supply. Is this a fully powered USB port on your end? If you are using a laptop, is it plugged in?

JREED

Postby JREED » Thu May 16, 2013 5:30 pm

My 1st T428 is dead, no matter how many times I flashed but keep getting Green Andy getting killed on first boot. Also getting extremely hot and front and back plastic also melted with wavy lines instead of straight lines on the surface of the T428.

My all three power adapters which original came with it also faulty.

Remaining two T428, I flashed with 4.1.1 and after boot my screen flashes rapidly and having hard time to install XBMC, Facebook, Twitter.

Does anyone has problem with rapidly flashes on main Android screen?

Appreciated any help.

Thanks,
John

JREED

Postby JREED » Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 pm

When I on XBMC or any screens, its keep flashes and some times gets stable.

I am using my HTC phone adapter and blackberry Data/Charger Micro USB Cable for T428.
Not using original Power Adapter came with T428.

Thanks,

JREED

Postby JREED » Fri May 17, 2013 5:47 pm

Check it out my T428
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Breath

Postby Breath » Sat May 18, 2013 3:23 am

Hi all,

anyone of you has tested the VPN connection? I used several VPN clients with 4.2.2, 4.1.1 ROM and noone is able to connect to the servers!
I found out this problem on other devices as well
(see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=808 , viewtopic.php?t=1977&p=12039)
Do you think there is any chance to get this funcition working? I really need a vpn connection...

Thank you

Return to “Firmware”