Optimization of standard parts cooling

Hardware Mods For the MK808.
ayaan

Optimization of standard parts cooling

Postby ayaan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:18 am

Hi all! My device was really very hot in use. To reduce the temperature, I disassembled the unit and made the windows and vents with a knife. Shell has not lost its basic functions. Device temperature dropped significantly.

Inside there are tabs to place the board, these things should not destroy to board inside kept stable.

I apologize if someone has an aesthetic shock. Design must be functional. IMHO cooling in this device is not well done.

Maybe it rat style modding, but it is simple and effective. Be careful If you will do it - don't break the wires and don't cut your hands.

Sorry for google translating, thanks for reading :)
Last edited by ayaan on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
two MK808 in use

JugsteR

Re: Optimization of standard parts cooling

Postby JugsteR » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 pm

What was the temperature during load before and after the modification? And same question during idle?

Signature? Signature!

ayaan

Postby ayaan » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:45 am

Hello! I'm not an expert, this is my first device on Android. Unfortunately I didn't know how to measure the temperature inside a closed unit. The temperature was estimated by hand. I touched it and decided that it is too hot and I decided to do something that I can.

The heating was so strong that the hand could not long endure. The device is not too hot now. The plastic shell is always cool. Now I have the opportunity to touch the heatsink. imho heatsink temperature now is less than the temperature of the shell it was before.

During idle device is the same temperature as disconnected from the power. As I can see it was before my modding too.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what is wrong with the signature. Explain if you want, please.

PS Excuse my poor English, please. I use the Google translator, it usually makes a bad translation, I try to correct it as I can. 8-)
two MK808 in use

chismay

Postby chismay » Thu May 02, 2013 5:31 am

hey first time poster :D
how about opening the case again and gluing some wire mesh on the underside of your new opening's .
so you have full air circulation but still have protection :D

JugsteR

Postby JugsteR » Fri May 03, 2013 6:32 am

ayaan wrote:Hello! I'm not an expert, this is my first device on Android. Unfortunately I didn't know how to measure the temperature inside a closed unit. The temperature was estimated by hand. I touched it and decided that it is too hot and I decided to do something that I can.

The heating was so strong that the hand could not long endure. The device is not too hot now. The plastic shell is always cool. Now I have the opportunity to touch the heatsink. imho heatsink temperature now is less than the temperature of the shell it was before.

During idle device is the same temperature as disconnected from the power. As I can see it was before my modding too.

Sorry, I didn't quite understand what is wrong with the signature. Explain if you want, please.

PS Excuse my poor English, please. I use the Google translator, it usually makes a bad translation, I try to correct it as I can. 8-)

OK, good to know that temperatures have dropped.

I thought there were some temperature sensors on the device so that it was possible using software to measure the temperature. Very often they do not show correct temperatures but the delta can be interesting anyway.

The signature below is just my signature, nothing else :)

Signature? Signature!

JugsteR

Postby JugsteR » Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 am

chismay wrote:hey first time poster :D
how about opening the case again and gluing some wire mesh on the underside of your new opening's .
so you have full air circulation but still have protection :D

Personally I would not recommend that. He only exposed a heatsink which if I understood it correctly, now is cooler than the device was before the mod.

When introducing metal pieces into such small designs there is a risk of short circuiting the entire device. Not worth it IMHO.

Signature? Signature!

chismay

Postby chismay » Sat May 11, 2013 9:50 pm

too true metal does conduct like a mofo, im gonna take up this mod soon with hopefully a added usb powered fan to force air induction.

i do seriously like the styling of the above pictures, looks kinda "g4 hacked" more sporty appearance. :D "speed holes they make it go faster" lol but yeah looks really cool

Return to “Hardware Mods”