My external antenna mod (not working)

Hardware Mods For the MK808.
robs23

My external antenna mod (not working)

Postby robs23 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 am

Hi there. After reading some comments here on replacing original antennas with new ones, I decided to do my own mod. First off, I just soldered SMA connectors to original antennas, and thanks to those SMA connectors I was able to connect external antennas (like those dedicated for routers). It worked, sometimes great but very often signal dropped as much as it did before mod. So I decided to unsolder original cables and replace them with completely new ones. I decided to use cooper multi-core wires because these were the only ones I had. I soldered them only to both ANT pins (didn't use GNDs). When I rebooted my device, it couldn't find ANY network. I tried restarting but it didn't help. So what have I done wrong?
1) should have used single-core wires?
2) should have soldered GND as well?
3) maybe it's because of my poor soldering skills? Did I create cold soldering? Doesn't cold soldering transfer signal at all?
Below are few pictures of what i did.
1a.jpg
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fratello

Re: My external antenna mod (not working)

Postby fratello » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:51 am

Why don't post into "old" topic ?! If everyone make a new topic from his issue ...
Try this : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=515&start=40#p3585

Dero

Postby Dero » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:07 am

robs23

Postby robs23 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 am

Thanks for answers mates! First, separate topic because it's more visible and chances for getting reply is much bigger. Besides, there are only about 15-16 topics here and I think one more won't make that much mess.. I had read those threads many times before I decided to go for heavy modding. And, in my opinion, I just did according to pointers written there. I must have used wrong wires or soldered it badly.. There's also chance I had grilled whole cuircut.

Return to “Hardware Mods”