External antenna

Hardware Mods For the UG802.
jerrylee

Re: External antenna

Postby jerrylee » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 am

Just follow rizz07's post and did my mod today (filed part of rp-sma but I didn't use u.fl), I put antenna at different position since the wire is not long enough. it works really great now. my first time to see wifi signal with full bar.
Tks.

IMG_2707.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

BTW, The reason I open my UG802 is because I found my micro-usb port was broken (not soldering very well when it arrived). so be careful when you plug and unplug the power.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krizz07

Postby krizz07 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Niceee. Yeah i purposely placed it in the corner to keep it away from hot components just in case. Let us know if you experience any issues with it.

killain

Postby killain » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 am

jerrylee wrote:
BTW, The reason I open my UG802 is because I found my micro-usb port was broken (not soldering very well when it arrived). so be careful when you plug and unplug the power.

My micro usb came away as well. How did you find soldering it back on? Any possibility that you could take a pic and show me how it looks now after you have soldered it?

jerrylee

Postby jerrylee » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:02 pm

killain wrote:My micro usb came away as well. How did you find soldering it back on? Any possibility that you could take a pic and show me how it looks now after you have soldered it?

I did took few picture before I put the case back. but sorry probably not so clear since the photos took by iPhone.
My Micro-USB connector had broken pin inside the connector so I have to replace it with a new one. I got one for 0.5USD form the market (pretty cheap here in Taiwan ;) ).
There are 5 pins with Micro-USB connector. (Vcc, Data+, Data-, Ground). you can find the figure here.http://www.talkandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/pinout-microUSB1.png?3995d3

Sorry for my English, and let me know if u need any other info.

IMG_2719.JPG

5(4) pins connect with PCB and enhancement soldering on the both side of connector.

IMG_2703.JPG

New Micro-USB connector from Market
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

killain

Postby killain » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:10 pm

Thank you for the reply jerrylee. Pictures are fine. Your english is way better than my mandarin :lol:.

gixie

Postby gixie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi everybody
I was wondering if anyone knows some alternative points for the data pins that go to the microusb socket.
Mine came off, I took it to an electronic repairs place and they managed to lift the traces on the motherboard. I managed to solder two power cables, but I want the full USB connection.
Thanks in advance

SpeakerX

Postby SpeakerX » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm

gixie wrote:Hi everybody
I was wondering if anyone knows some alternative points for the data pins that go to the microusb socket.

I'm very interested in alternative pins as well! My micro-usb came of before I even got to start it up once... :evil:

Perepandel

Postby Perepandel » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:48 am

I'm lucky enough to have received an unit with a solid antenna. At least the part that looks like a "real antenna". Its not very big, almost like a paper clip, but it's of solid metal (although very thin). It also uses a sticker to attach it to the case, which looks like alluminium paper but like sticker paper. It's not definitely the orange one. And it works good enough for me; it picks ups almost the same networks and similar signal amount than my notebook and surely more than my smartphone. But sometimes my device need to be put in places with little coverage, so my aim is to increase signal gain in those places.

My doubt is if it would be possible to keep both the internal antenna and also the external connector, to be able to get rid of the attached antenna in those cases where the coverage is good enough. Does anyone know if it would somehow interfere or if there would have any side problems?

Perepandel

Postby Perepandel » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Perepandel wrote:My doubt is if it would be possible to keep both the internal antenna and also the external connector, to be able to get rid of the attached antenna in those cases where the coverage is good enough. Does anyone know if it would somehow interfere or if there would have any side problems?

To whom it may concern: I've already done it without taking off the attached antenna and its working great for me. With the external antenna it seems to well surpass my notebook coverage/sensivity. If I unattach it I still have good coverage with the internal one if I don't need that "coverage plus", even a bit more than before doing the modifications: the connector itself seems to help a bit. So this is a great mod!

ShayneThill

Postby ShayneThill » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:58 am

No wifi signal? You can check whether there is something wrong with your atenna or there installed a wifi blocker.

Return to “Hardware Mods”