lefizz

Re: between these 2 heatsinks?

Postby lefizz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 am

What's the application?

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk 2

xerose

Re: between these 2 heatsinks?

Postby xerose » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 pm

I would suggest this one for 5.99, with this heat sink you can use good thermal paste instead of having to use thermal tape. I do believe the hole spacing is 60mm but please measure to make sure!
I would wipe off the thermal adhesive that comes on the heatsink with some rubbing alcohol and use some good thermal paste.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18202 ... ?tl=g40c16

I say this heatsink because the way the prometheus sits, the heatsink is upside down so over time the thermal tape could lose its grip and the heatsink will fall and will not be touching the SOC.
Also thermal paste is the best option to get the best performance out of the heatsink.

I also used a couple of plastic washers behind the holes to give the heatsink a tighter fit. you can see it if you look at the picture of the back of the prometheus on my heatsink mod post.

EDIT: OK so I took my prometheus apart again and measured. This heatsink I recommended will not work. From my measurements, the maximum height of the heatsink is 8mm to fit in the case. My heatsink measures 37mm x 37mm x 5mm height, hole spacing is 60mm. I cannot find a heatsink on Frozen CPU under 10mm height with the 60mm hole spacing. I will try to look around but you might need to go with the ones with thermal adhesive but just make sure it is not over 8mm in height! So the first one is my pick! :)

Return to “Hardware Mods”