OpenVPN Server & tun.ko for 1.5 finless rom

Stock and Custom Firmware Development For the MK808.
johneliot1978

OpenVPN Server & tun.ko for 1.5 finless rom

Postby johneliot1978 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Has anyone tried using OpenVPN Installer from the Marketplace with the 1.5 finless firmware? Does the tun.ko installer with the precompiled ko modules work with this firmware? would it even be possible to compile a tun.ko module for the kernel in 1.5 finless?

I would love to have a vpn server running on the mk808 as i could then access it remotely an use VNC & SSH to fiddle and set stuff up, when I'm not at home.
Anyone have any other ideas instead of the above OpenVPN option to achieve a remote VNC or SSH connection to the MK808?

Cheers,
John

mazzarock

Re: OpenVPN Server & tun.ko for 1.5 finless rom

Postby mazzarock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:37 am

There is a tun.ko module in the modules collection that Kizs posted in thread viewtopic.php?p=5632 .
Give it a try and let me know, I am also interested in openvpn on mk808 but had no time to test these pas days.

johneliot1978

Re: OpenVPN Server & tun.ko for 1.5 finless rom

Postby johneliot1978 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Managed to get openvpn installer installed from play store along with the tun.ko driver from play store and the openvpn installer is coming up with green ticks for all the parts that are needed to have openvpn working :) so thats cool, not that it helps me much, because the next step is turning it on and it says you need to copy your openvpn config files to particular spot (thats fine) just i don't have any, and not bloody idea how to go about creating them! :D

on a side note, have an ssh server (ssh droid) working well on the mk808 as well! :D

will have to hit google and work out whats needed for an openvpn config file.... I reckon it will be smooth sailing from there though, as lots of other android devices use the openvpn installer from the play store and have it working fine, so its really just the config and nothing specific to the mk808 that is holding it back :)

Cheers,
john

*EDIT*

got a default server.conf file installed on /sdcard/openvpn like it asked for and it looks like it would have worked, (didnt need to change anything in the default server.conf file from the openvpn page) but when you try start the server it just falls over.

checked logcat (my new best friend! ;) ) and it's complaining about a missing libzo.so file :'( google search for "android openvpn libzo.so" returns literally about 5 results, none of which look like they relate... oh well :/

turns out my crappy ipad won't let me connect to openvpn servers anyhow! :( hopeless apple! hopeless! fail fail fail

Return to “Firmware”