I have just tested your kernel with finless 1.5a, and compared to Deadhp1's kernel here are my observations. (it seems to be quite a good improvement).
1. Now I can play now 1080p h264 files (such as 3D SBS Mkv's et) smoothly using MXPlayer or Mobo player. With Deadhp1's kernel, these 1080p videos would stutter in Mxplayer (I have tried current and older mx 1.6version) & all other video players other than the rockchip RVideoplayer (which is pretty crappy, and you can't turn subtitles off if you have a .srt in the video folder). This is a HUGE improvement for me, as I am trying to get a decent XBMC setup, (and XBMC will be a long way off if ever for Rockchip HW acceleration, but using MX player @ 1080p is a pretty nice work around.
For anyone interested, I now have a pretty awesome setup with XBMC using MXPlayer, and fully working at true 1080p
2. In general, the desktop seems much snappier than the deadhp1 kernel. Its still not project butter, but its clearly a lot snappier than Deadhp's kernel. Mouse pointer is much faster as well.
3. I have only tested your new kernel it on finless 1.5a (not the beta2 / beta4 kernel from Deadhp), but reading Point 1 above, I tested deadhp's kernel on both finless 1.5a and the bundled beta2, and both have the video acceleration and slow desktop problems.
4. Compared to other similar hardware (I have an amlogic 8726 M6 based tablet), apps seem slow to load when clicked on.. , maybe its just very slow SD in these things?
5. When I run antutu, I still get screen artifacts, and some weird colours (the army soldiers guys turn red for example), but at least it still works. My score was 8544 on finless 1.5a.
All in all, this is a pretty massive improvement on originally posted 1080p kernel.
What still is very ordinary is web browsing. Chrome, Firefox, all seem incredibly slow and clunky to use.. not quite sure if this is just how it will always be with this hardware.. maybe I am to used to browsing on a i7 desktop computer..
Does anyone know how to hide the statusbar in mxplayer?
Thanks!! Great work.