very first preview version of Cyanogenmod 10 firmware

Stock and Custom Firmware Development For the MK808.
nutzo

Re: very first preview version of Cyanogenmod 10 firmware

Postby nutzo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 am

Hello I get "permission denied" when trying to access bitbucket.org with cm3066 (e.g. ssh -T cm3066@bitbucket.org throws me permission denied -> the same for git@github.com works).
Also obviously repo sync fails as well when trying to fetch from bitbucket)
Anyone? Rainlake?

Strange, it seems to be some kind of network issue. Repetitive repo sync kinda sovles the issue, but ultimately I had to touch manifest.xml to replace ssh:// access to https://

buzz86us

Postby buzz86us » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am

does this work with 1366x768 output? Was looking for something stable for the lapdock. Would I have to flash a different kernel?

fatlus

Postby fatlus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi,
is there a CM10.1 version meanwhile out now?
Is it possible to convert the 1080p Kernel from the .img data type to an .zip file? So we could manage everything with CWM...

fldc

Postby fldc » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 am

Hi,

I had an MK808 that I impulse bought on ebay laying around at home and decided to take a look at it.
As I'm no fan of custom stock roms and not much was happening here i decided to clean this build up and continue to develop it some, thanks to rainlake for the original port.

So here is a first build to get things started if anyone is at all interested, be aware though, to use this build you need to erase your nand because of a change in partitioning.

RKAndroidTool is included in the package, just hit eraseidb and then run, no upgrading or other tricks are needed to get things mounted and working.
The device will reboot the first time it boots up after a filesystem has been created on userdata and cache.

Please report bugs and features not working/wanted if any. :)

Changelog (from what i can remember right now):
Change in partition table, no data partition, only one big userdata is used, therefore only mtp will be available for internal storage,
mass storage will bring up your external sd.
Change in ethernet code
Buttons for volume up/down and power (long press for power menu.)
Init removed and replaced with cyanogenmod init, mounting via fstab, setup_fs will take care of empty partitions.
Many prebuilt and proprietary binaries have been removed and in places replaced with source
Other things, i don't remember, lots of cleanups and what not :D

Download (20130117):
http://goo.gl/YzKae

Source will be available here when I have the time to upload, device, vendor and kernel is the only things uploaded right now,
https://github.com/fldc/
Last edited by fldc on Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

player911

Postby player911 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 am

Awesome. I can't wait to try this. Thanks a bunch. I'd love to see some more development on the 808. Seems most development ceased a few months ago.

buzz86us

Postby buzz86us » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

OK I want this and linux is it possible to have both?

arctablet

Postby arctablet » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:36 pm

buzz86us wrote:OK I want this and linux is it possible to have both?

If you are thinking about PicUntu, it should be no problem as it uses the recovery image kernel for Linux, so it won't interfere with Android.
Just flash the PicUntu recovery image on your device with the appropriate parameter file (so it gets written on the proper NAND flash locations) from the CM10 firmware installed on your MK808.

murigny64

Postby murigny64 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:07 am

@fldc:

Thanks for your build,
It's working fine on RK3066 tablet.

Only two things:
I use libhardware_legacy.so from stock 4.1.1 Cherry M1038 : wifi work but no BT (rk903)
i use my sensors.rk30board from my 4.0.4 stock rom to enable rotation but offset is wrong: it's 90deg on the left.

Is it possible to solve this ?

sensors are:
MMA8452Q: 3 axis accel
Ak8975: orientation sensor

thanks for reply .

fldc

Postby fldc » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:41 pm

murigny64 wrote:@fldc:

Thanks for your build,
It's working fine on RK3066 tablet.

Only two things:
I use libhardware_legacy.so from stock 4.1.1 Cherry M1038 : wifi work but no BT (rk903)
i use my sensors.rk30board from my 4.0.4 stock rom to enable rotation but offset is wrong: it's 90deg on the left.

Is it possible to solve this ?

sensors are:
MMA8452Q: 3 axis accel
Ak8975: orientation sensor

thanks for reply .

Yes it is, but this rom is specific for mk808 and i can't change things like rotation without breaking things on this device and bluetooth is not even working on mk808, i'm working on that code right now, but a new device can easily be added, configured and use the same source tree if you have any experience in this area, i will not be doing it as i don't have any other rk3066 based devices. :D

murigny64

Postby murigny64 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Thanks for your answer.
I know how to cook a firmware but i haven't any experience in dev. :?

Kadumpires

Postby Kadumpires » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am

fldc wrote:Hi,

I had an MK808 that I impulse bought on ebay laying around at home and decided to take a look at it.
As I'm no fan of custom stock roms and not much was happening here i decided to clean this build up and continue to develop it some, thanks to rainlake for the original port.

So here is a first build to get things started if anyone is at all interested, be aware though, to use this build you need to erase your nand because of a change in partitioning.

RKAndroidTool is included in the package, just hit eraseidb and then run, no upgrading or other tricks are needed to get things mounted and working.
The device will reboot the first time it boots up after a filesystem has been created on userdata and cache.

Please report bugs and features not working/wanted if any. :)

Changelog (from what i can remember right now):
Change in partition table, no data partition, only one big userdata is used, therefore only mtp will be available for internal storage,
mass storage will bring up your external sd.
Change in ethernet code
Buttons for volume up/down and power (long press for power menu.)
Init removed and replaced with cyanogenmod init, mounting via fstab, setup_fs will take care of empty partitions.
Many prebuilt and proprietary binaries have been removed and in places replaced with source
Other things, i don't remember, lots of cleanups and what not :D

Download (20130117):
http://goo.gl/YzKae

Source will be available here when I have the time to upload, device, vendor and kernel is the only things uploaded right now,
https://github.com/fldc/

fldc,

thank you for this great CM.... Its just works fine....

But, I'm wrong or this one does not have a real 1080p????

I've used the Hybrid FW (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=858) and 1080p works great....

Another thing... Does this rom support NTFS external drivers??? I cannot use any of mines...

fldc

Postby fldc » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Kadumpires wrote:fldc,

thank you for this great CM.... Its just works fine....

But, I'm wrong or this one does not have a real 1080p????

I've used the Hybrid FW (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=858) and 1080p works great....

Another thing... Does this rom support NTFS external drivers??? I cannot use any of mines...

The difference here is the screen density used in these roms, I may be changing this a bit, but it's after all used on TV:s, I for one don't want things to be to small. :D
I'll be adding ntfs support. :D

kokuo

Postby kokuo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm

It's just my hardware or an USB mouse connected to the MK808 is not working properly.
The "connection" is not stable and the arrow is disappearing here and there all the time. I'm using a powered hub to connect it to the MK808.

Do you have the same issue?

Thanks
kok

fldc

Postby fldc » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:54 am

kokuo wrote:It's just my hardware or an USB mouse connected to the MK808 is not working properly.
The "connection" is not stable and the arrow is disappearing here and there all the time. I'm using a powered hub to connect it to the MK808.

Do you have the same issue?

Thanks
kok

I don't have that issue, sounds like a hardware issue of some sort :)

imdos

Postby imdos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 am

I just flashed the firmware however still can't turn on bluetooth.

I now have bluetooth in Settings, however after I toggle on it automatically turns off within a minute and I'm unable to pair my keyboard/mouse combo. Tried it with two different usb bt sticks (the one from the keyboard/mouse and a separate one).

Is this a chipset (driver) problem? :roll:

player911

Postby player911 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Well I'm not sure if he has bluetooth working or not in his builds. He said he was working on it and from my experience trying to get BT to work, you need a compatible kernel.

The only way I've had BT remotely "TRY" to work is by KIZS' kernels overtop of the original CM rom.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=921

OR Flash the HYBRID rom > CM Rom (the hybrid comes with KIZS' kernel).

Then it will try to turn on. At that point I think you need a specific bluetooth dongle, which I have yet to find.

imdos

Postby imdos » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm

player911 wrote:Well I'm not sure if he has bluetooth working or not in his builds. He said he was working on it and from my experience trying to get BT to work, you need a compatible kernel.

The only way I've had BT remotely "TRY" to work is by KIZS' kernels overtop of the original CM rom.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=921

OR Flash the HYBRID rom > CM Rom (the hybrid comes with KIZS' kernel).

Then it will try to turn on. At that point I think you need a specific bluetooth dongle, which I have yet to find.

Bluetooth (usb BT kernel support) is available and my dongle's get recognized by the kernel (at least dmesg doesn't complain about unknown devices).
There is a menu item within Wireless & Networks in Settings (which however directly switches back to Off when turning On)

I manually added libbluetooth.so since hcitool & hciconfig were missing those

Installed through Play store bluetooth keyboard easyconnect' which also fails to start bluetooth.

Therefore there seems to be something missing to enable bluetooth, but I don't know what/which setting

KainXS

Postby KainXS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am

I'm trying to get this to work on my tablet but have no usb when I connect but it does boot up and works pretty good, when I use the stock rom and the cm boot.img i also get no usb so I think its a problem in the ramdisk, anyone have an idea on what I can try, I unpacked and tried some stuff and repacked but nothing worked so yea

thanks.

Return to “Firmware”