REQUEST - Can somebody please upload original firmware.

Forum for Nufront NS115 dual core android tv sticks.
Rumblefish

REQUEST - Can somebody please upload original firmware.

Postby Rumblefish » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:28 pm

Does anyone have a backup of the original firmware for the T21/GV-21 that they could upload please?

I am at the end of my tether. I have rooted, reset, reinstalled, made Roms (All ended up being pretty much the same thing), and anything else i can think of.
I have looked everywhere for an Original ROM that works. The only places i can find them are on the intcrown website and the Kimdecent website. I cannot get hold of my previous versions, and i am left with these sticks.
The Wi-fi is unreliable, even with Wi-Fi fixers installed. They black screen. I have had many factory resets, and i have tried many, many different versions of XBMC, some partially worked, others worked once, maybe twice, then they were gone again.
I have searched high and low, in forums, blogs, Chinese websites etc.. You name it, i have looked.

So i'm hoping someone could please help me here, and upload a working ROM (Preferably the first version), But any version, I would gladly roll back to, because the version i have a the moment, just gets worse and worse..

Thanks in advance (Hopefully) :)

csgabe

Re: REQUEST - Can somebody please upload original firmware.

Postby csgabe » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Here is the oldest firmware I think:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/RLGdCGsA/Fir ... 01211.html

alicqin

Postby alicqin » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm

below link is the oldest firmware for GV21 in Chinese site, maybe it is the same as above guy, but I think multiple copy will be helpful.
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3909283600

Rumblefish

Postby Rumblefish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:35 pm

csgabe wrote:Here is the oldest firmware I think:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/RLGdCGsA/Fir ... 01211.html

alicqin wrote:below link is the oldest firmware for GV21 in Chinese site, maybe it is the same as above guy, but I think multiple copy will be helpful.
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3909283600

Thanks a million guys :) , I am downloading both of them now. And will post here when i have applied either one.

I got no help from the sellers or from Kimdecent.

Rumblefish

Postby Rumblefish » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:57 pm

BOOOOMM!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guys, Thanks a million times a million.
I don't know how long this has frustrated me, I no longer care.

I put that firmware on no problems, and turned the PC stick on. XBMC Server and XBMC remote were there. So i knew it had applied correctly.

I installed MXPlayer and XBMCAndroid. It worked straight away! :D
The chinese link is still downloading, but i'd say it's the same zip file. - Thank you both!!

I am over the moon right now. There are a few minor glitches, but i don't care in the slightest. They are easily fixed.
The Wi-Fi is amazing, full strength. I downloaded XBMCAndroid from the stick in about 10-15 seconds. All week on the newest firmware it had been taking me nearly 2 minutes, or definitely over a minute.

By the way, MXPlayer NEON and XBMC NEON are the two better ones.

BRILLIANT.

alicqin

Postby alicqin » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 am

How about MXPlayer NEON and XBMC NEON? Can you play MKV file in your combination? Currently, I use the newest firmware with ES Exploer and MXPlayer NEON or DicePlayer, but I can't find a solution to play the MKV file in share folder. I expect to use CIFS to mount share folder, but it seems it will be not done until the kernel source is released.

Rumblefish

Postby Rumblefish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:55 pm

alicqin wrote:How about MXPlayer NEON and XBMC NEON? Can you play MKV file in your combination? Currently, I use the newest firmware with ES Exploer and MXPlayer NEON or DicePlayer, but I can't find a solution to play the MKV file in share folder. I expect to use CIFS to mount share folder, but it seems it will be not done until the kernel source is released.

Yep, i can play MKV without any problem.
For streaming from my PC i use EMIT APP on my stick and EMIT SERVER on my PC. You can choose Linux/Windows/Apple

I have now only installed MXPlayer and WonderShare player to stream live through XBMCAndroid, but i am currently having an issue with that. But i am not too worried, because i think it is just the XBMCAndroid build that is causing the issue of live streaming.

I much prefer this Firmware, because the Wi-Fi is so much better, and there is no hassle with any black screen on any App. Also - XBMCAndroid works ;) .

EDIT.

I have noticed this (For MKV files only)

BSPlayer - Plays Audio and Shows Subtitles But no Picture
DicePlayer - No Picture, No Audio, No Subtitles. Sometimes Freezes.
Wondershare Player - Excellent Picture, Audio, No Subtitles. -----------------------------------> Best for Streaming native Language MKV Movies.
MXPlayer - Great Picture, Audio, Subtitles. --------------------------------------> Best All Round Player

Return to “Nufront NS115”