(Use this at your own risk!)
There are 2 methods to flash the firmware.
Micro SD update or flashing through a program in windows.
Micro SD Method
You do not need to be rooted to do this.
Updating your system through micro sd does NOT update the kernel. It only updates boot, recovery and system.
1) Copy update.img to the root of your micro sd card. If you don't have a micro sd card you can also copy to the internal /sdcard directory.
2) Either insert your micro sd card, unmount and mount micro sd or sdcard, or reboot.
3) The system will ask you if you'd like to update. Choose yes. It will then reboot into recovery and update your system.
4) When the process is finished the system will reboot and ask you if you'd like to delete update.img. Say yes otherwise it may try it again.
Flashing through Rockchip Batch Tools v1.5 in Windows.
In order to do this without opening the plastic case you need to be rooted.
This will fully flash the kernel, boot, recovery, and pretty much everything else.
1) Make sure your device is rooted.
2) Download Rockchip Batch Tools v1.5 and extract to a folder.
3) Reboot your UG802 into bootloader/flashing mode by typing into terminal emulator:
Code: Select all
4) Windows will search for drivers. When it can't find them you may need to go to Control Panel --> Device Manager --> unknown device -->update driver and choose the driver that suits you from the RockusbDriver folder.
The device should now be listed as rk30sdk.
5) Start up Rockchip Batch Tools v1.5
It will detect a device and show a green box.
6) Choose the update.img you are going to use in the Set FW Path box.
7)Choose Upgrade from the buttons below. (Doing this will delete all your settings, apps, and format your sdcard)
It will flash the update.img onto your device.
8)The device will reboot into recovery to finish the installation.
9) Sometimes wifi will not work until your device is rebooted. So reboot and enjoy!