Looking for Stock/Rooted Stock 4.1.1

Stock and Custom Firmware Development For the UG802.
billym

Looking for Stock/Rooted Stock 4.1.1

Postby billym » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Sorry to burden you guys with this, I know better and should have backed up before flashing but it got overlooked and I am now in a situation I need assistance with. I purchased the UG802 about a week ago and the first thing I noticed was that it shipped with JB 4.1.1. After some research I started following the different threads on the 1.7 ROM and decided to jump in and give a shot. Turns out the device I have had a different ID than what seems to be listed in the drivers so I said what the heck and made the necessary tweaks to the driver inf to add the support (USB\VID_2207&PID_0010). After successfully rooting the device with SuperOneClick I moved to the 1.7 ROM and pushed the upgrade. Everything went fine and I am now running 1.7 with the defaults (I chose to not change any of the settings since I was not concerned about overclocking and the TV I am currently using it on only does 720). Although a successful install, I am unable to run the device more than 30 minutes without some type of failure in the ROM (Windows are killed randomly, device will restart itself or freeze, upon restart WIFI is non-existent, etc). My ultimate goal was to simply try to get bluetooth support into the ROM so I can purchase the appropriate dongle.

In the end I have found that I cannot locate the the original ROM for this device anywhere for download. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help :)

bwillems

Re: Looking for Stock/Rooted Stock 4.1.1

Postby bwillems » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:28 am

billym wrote:Sorry to burden you guys with this, I know better and should have backed up before flashing but it got overlooked and I am now in a situation I need assistance with. I purchased the UG802 about a week ago and the first thing I noticed was that it shipped with JB 4.1.1. After some research I started following the different threads on the 1.7 ROM and decided to jump in and give a shot. Turns out the device I have had a different ID than what seems to be listed in the drivers so I said what the heck and made the necessary tweaks to the driver inf to add the support (USB\VID_2207&PID_0010). After successfully rooting the device with SuperOneClick I moved to the 1.7 ROM and pushed the upgrade. Everything went fine and I am now running 1.7 with the defaults (I chose to not change any of the settings since I was not concerned about overclocking and the TV I am currently using it on only does 720). Although a successful install, I am unable to run the device more than 30 minutes without some type of failure in the ROM (Windows are killed randomly, device will restart itself or freeze, upon restart WIFI is non-existent, etc). My ultimate goal was to simply try to get bluetooth support into the ROM so I can purchase the appropriate dongle.

In the end I have found that I cannot locate the the original ROM for this device anywhere for download. If someone can assist it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help

I would really like to help you out as i have an ug802 with the original Jb 4.1.1 , but how can i make you a backup of the system?
ps: I have managed to root it daugh, was planning to flash something i found on this forum : 1080p_UG802_JB_Preview.zip

Return to “Firmware”