But you may want to replace the CWM recovery.img with the MK808b one: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/
At the moment I haven't worked out how to make a CWM.zip installer or how to make the update.img that will flash with RKBatchTool.
So what I have done for now is made a CWM backup and copied that.
So to be able to install this you will need to install CWM. But I have included everything you need in the zip file.
To install the ROM you need to:
- Uzip U2-1080.zip and place the contents onto your SD card.
- Make sure the "clockworkmod" folder is placed on the root of the SD Card (not inside another folder)
- Install all 3 apk's from the "Needed Apps" folder.
- Open the Explorer (that you just installed) and copy "flash_image" and "recovery.img" from the SD to /dev on the device (the external SD will show up under /mnt)
- Open the Terminal app and type SU then enter.
- Then type these commands into the Terminal.
Code: Select all
chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
/dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img
- Once done you should see a message saying something like "Recovery Flashed".
- Now open Quick Reboot and select recovery.
- Once in CWM recovery (you need a USB mouse to work it) select "Backup and Restore" and pick "Restore from external SD". The backup is called "U2-1080"
- Once the backup is restored reboot device.VERY IMPORTANT: CWM will ask "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. FIX?" when rebooting. Make sure you select "NO".
- When first booting the device it will get stuck at the Google TV logo. Just unplug the Uhost2 then plug it back in. It will reboot fine after that.
- If the Probox2 bootscreen stays on longer then 3 minutes (this has only happened to me once), pull the power cable and reboot.
U2-1080-V3.1.zip - 363.87 MB
Please post feedback on bugs etc.