True 1080p ROM with CWM Recovery

pinguy

True 1080p ROM with CWM Recovery

Postby pinguy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 am

The firmware is based on the Probox2, but it works on the MK808b. I am actually using the boot.img and kernel.img from the 1080p MK808b firmware.
But you may want to replace the CWM recovery.img with the MK808b one: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/

At the moment I haven't worked out how to make a CWM.zip installer or how to make the update.img that will flash with RKBatchTool.

So what I have done for now is made a CWM backup and copied that.

So to be able to install this you will need to install CWM. But I have included everything you need in the zip file.

To install the ROM you need to:
  1. Uzip U2-1080.zip and place the contents onto your SD card.
  2. Make sure the "clockworkmod" folder is placed on the root of the SD Card (not inside another folder)
  3. Install all 3 apk's from the "Needed Apps" folder.
  4. Open the Explorer (that you just installed) and copy "flash_image" and "recovery.img" from the SD to /dev on the device (the external SD will show up under /mnt)
  5. Open the Terminal app and type SU then enter.
  6. Then type these commands into the Terminal.

Code: Select all

chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
    /dev/flash_image recovery /dev/recovery.img

7. Once done you should see a message saying something like "Recovery Flashed".
  8. Now open Quick Reboot and select recovery.
  9. Once in CWM recovery (you need a USB mouse to work it) select "Backup and Restore" and pick "Restore from external SD". The backup is called "U2-1080"
  10. Once the backup is restored reboot device.

VERY IMPORTANT: CWM will ask "ROM may flash stock recovery on boot. FIX?" when rebooting. Make sure you select "NO".

11. When first booting the device it will get stuck at the Google TV logo. Just unplug the Uhost2 then plug it back in. It will reboot fine after that.
  12. If the Probox2 bootscreen stays on longer then 3 minutes (this has only happened to me once), pull the power cable and reboot.

Download:
U2-1080-V3.1.zip - 363.87 MB

Please post feedback on bugs etc.

Screenshots:

Last edited by pinguy on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

tabletuser33

Re: True 1080p ROM with CWM Recovery

Postby tabletuser33 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Could you post a few benchmarks: Antutu, Passmark, CF Bench? I'm interested in trying your ROM out, but I think Finless rom broke my CWM. I can't boot into recovery, so I'd probably have to go back to stock, then reinstall CWM and finally restore your backup. I think if we get some benchmarks we call could get an idea how your ROM performs. Could you highlight what the difference in your ROM, and stock ROMs are?

I have benchmarks for stock, Finless and 4.2.2 on my blog so we can compare. Thanks for posting and sharing also.

tabletuser.blogspot.com

pinguy

Postby pinguy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 am

tabletuser33 wrote:Could you post a few benchmarks: Antutu, Passmark, CF Bench? I'm interested in trying your ROM out, but I think Finless rom broke my CWM. I can't boot into recovery, so I'd probably have to go back to stock, then reinstall CWM and finally restore your backup. I think if we get some benchmarks we call could get an idea how your ROM performs. Could you highlight what the difference in your ROM, and stock ROMs are?

I have benchmarks for stock, Finless and 4.2.2 on my blog so we can compare. Thanks for posting and sharing also.

tabletuser.blogspot.com

It's pointless comparing a 720p ROM with a 1080p one. Of course the 1080p one is going to benchmark slower. It's rendering twice as much data then the 720p ROM.

The important thing is, is it usable, and it is. XBMC runs at 30fps and the device runs smoothly enough to use for surfing and as a media center. But gaming isn't great.

By the way, version 2 is out.

Sent from my ULTIMATE using Tapatalk HD

pinguy

Postby pinguy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm

V3 is out. This will be the last update for awhile.

1. init.d Support
2. Various Speed Improvement to the build.prob and Init.rc
3. Added ffmpeg for support of more Video Codec´s
4. Support for XBox Controller
5. Support for Streaming from Linux
6. Fix wifi connect issues.
7.Updated the firmware to 30205.

sgerami

Postby sgerami » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:43 am

Thanks PinGuy for preping this. I tried it and so far I have two issues:

- I could not install the needed APKs. I am getting a parse error.
- I got the needed APKs from the Play.Google. The Explorer claims that it copies files to /dev but the files are not in /dev. The chmod says the file cannot be found accordingly.

Any idea?

Thanks

sajid44

Postby sajid44 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Getting 4625 Antutu score :( .....please tweak this ROM to make it faster

Return to “Firmware”