"device can not do flash mode"

New MK808 with internal Bluetooth!
novice99

"device can not do flash mode"

Postby novice99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Hello
I am new to the forum. Thanks to everyone for the sharing their knowledge and experience.
I have a new MK808b from Geekbuying which has #26 pre installed. I am attempting to install Finless 1.6a but having followed the instructions carefully when I get to "reboot to flash mode" I get a message advising "device can not do flash mode because it is not msc device".
I have also tried the Alternative Reboot to flash tool without success as the number one box is green instead of pink as outlined in the tut.
The drivers have installed properly on both an xp and vista pc but the result is the same when I attempt to reboot to flash mode.
I have tried with "USB debugging" both on and off under developer options.
The tutorial also states that USB storage should be turned ON but I cannot find how to do that other than enable "connect to computer" under USB options in the android settings menu.
Any advice on how to work around the above problem would be greatly appreciated.

novice99

Re: "device can not do flash mode"

Postby novice99 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 am

I discovered the solution to my problem. I overcame my Novice fears and selected "Flash ROM" instead of "Reboot To Flash Mode" as outlined in the tut. This worked and my MK808b is now happily running Finless 1.6a.

Nice flash :D

Waldemar

Re: "device can not do flash mode"

Postby Waldemar » Thu May 16, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you for posting, I had the same problem .... and same fix.
Out of the mine field now ;) all works well.

Return to “MK808B”