Torrent Server

New MK808 with internal Bluetooth!
demokedes

Torrent Server

Postby demokedes » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am

Hello,
I am thinking of buying MK808. I am thinking of replacing WD TV (WDLXTV). Main functionality that I am using now is torrent server (Transmission). Is it possible to run torrent server (Transmission or similar) on mk808?
Regards, RR

vodk1c3

Re: Torrent Server

Postby vodk1c3 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:56 am

I don't know what your really mean by torrent server. Guess you're talking more of a client/seeding box.

If you are talking about a client that can download/seed/read the things you download android can do that.
Utorrent beta and aTorrent are available from the market.

If you really want a tracker you could look in the android market but the best option would be to install Picuntu (ubuntu for rk3066)

demokedes

Postby demokedes » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:59 am

vodk1c3,
You're right. I just want client that will download torrents on my mk808, while I am not at home. I also want to control (check) torrents while I am away, from my cell phone and from my laptop.
I saw utorrent beta. I installed it yesterday. Problem is, that I was not able to download anything, simply no peers appear at any torrent. Maybe there is something wrong with firewall. I don't know whih port do I have to open through my NAT. I opened port 6882 but I guess that is not enough.
Any idea?
Is there any better solution? What about bittorrrent? I saw that there is also client and remote control. And is not beta. Is it worth changing for utorrent?
Regards

vodk1c3

Postby vodk1c3 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm

Try harder.

Also their is command line tool for Android (terminal emulator) for testing.

Utorrent did work out of the box for me.

Return to “MK808B”