Neo X5 Wifi Antenna Mod

Petroman

Neo X5 Wifi Antenna Mod

Postby Petroman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:34 am

After ripping off the wire from the internal wifi antenna sticker, I attached a common PCI wifi card antenna to my X5. The results were more than what I expected. I think, its a good idea for future development to have an external antenna for better signal strength.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ebianchi

Re: Neo X5 Wifi Antenna Mod

Postby ebianchi » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:44 pm

wow.
i'd like to know how to do it (or how just dream to do it ) ?
is's a difficult mod? how much is the gain on the wifi signal ?

Petroman

Postby Petroman » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Not difficult at all. I have posted in detail if you browse the MINIX Facebook page. Just to briefly tell you, there is a grey antenna wire in the box which is originally attached to a sticker antenna. Remove that wire from sticker and connect to the external antenna. You will have to make a hole on the body of the MINIX to attach the antenna though. The gain depends on the quality of the external antenna. I used a PCI wireless card's antenna which was installed in my old fried PC. Original antenna gave me one bar less and connection was good. Now I have full bars signal with excellent connection.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

SAGAQWE

Postby SAGAQWE » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:58 am

I would like to try this mod, could you detail how to disassemble the x5 chassis

vikidroid

Postby vikidroid » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:35 am

@Petroman, hello, i "lost" my eyes looking for that post on FB pages, and no success. i'm only interested how do you "remove that wire and connect to external antenna"? did you de-solder and re-solder to antenna or what? i'm not clear with that.

@SAGAQWE, there is picture tutorial how to disassemble x5, but i'm not sure is it allowed to post links from another forums. if you didn't find it yet, PM me, so i'll send you a link.

Return to “Hardware Mods”