Mounting Windows shares

Forum for the Minix Neo X5 set top box.
d.a.houtman

Mounting Windows shares

Postby d.a.houtman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

I 've been able to use my Windows shares on the Neo X5 too, bij downloading and installing the Cifs.ko as described here:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=234&p=2952&hilit=cifs.ko#p2952

After I puted the Cifs.ko in /system/lib/modules I downloaded de Cifs Manager from In the Play. Then I created a mounted drive with the Cifs Manager. This mounted drive is able to use in every Media Player.

Works like a charm

alwaysbless

Re: Mounting Windows shares

Postby alwaysbless » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 pm

How can I make sure that module is loaded at boot

alwaysbless

Postby alwaysbless » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:14 pm

have been playing with this cifs.ko for two days now and I cannot get it work. Every time I do insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko it failes to initiate and gives me an error of invalid argument. When I try and add the insmod to init.rc file even with r/w access soon as I reboot the device it removes the changes I made. This shit is driving me nuts! what step am I missing here?

Veronica

Postby Veronica » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm

alwaysbless wrote:have been playing with this cifs.ko for two days now and I cannot get it work. Every time I do insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko it failes to initiate and gives me an error of invalid argument. When I try and add the insmod to init.rc file even with r/w access soon as I reboot the device it removes the changes I made. This shit is driving me nuts! what step am I missing here?

What file explorer are you using? Make sure that you check mount /system if you have ES file explorer, also check the cifs.ko permissions. If it keeps giving you trouble first verify is a good download of the file and then just put it in the root of your /sdcard and go from there, change the path of the .ko module in the cifs manager app.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk HD

alwaysbless

Postby alwaysbless » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:12 am

Im using root expolorer, permissions set to 755. Im pretty sure that ko file is just a pos, the other modules i downloaded from that thread load just fine with insmod

d.a.houtman

Postby d.a.houtman » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:16 pm

I have tried to insmod cifs.ko too, and it wast=driving my crazy as well. Insmod md4.ko is a peace of cake. I think you are right with that cifs.ko that it is a bad one.

Do you know by the way Minix is busy with a what he called smb-project. Thos was stated on the minixforum.com. That forum is down for two days now, though.

Franz_minix

Postby Franz_minix » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:30 pm

I just want to mention her that I have the exacts same issue. Maybe the Kernel Version is the reason? Guys could you post the version where it is working?

Thanks Franz

Return to “Neo X5”