Use with plasma screen - Screen timeout w/ audio passthrouh

Forum for the Minix Neo X5 set top box.
ysoligard

Use with plasma screen - Screen timeout w/ audio passthrouh

Postby ysoligard » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:59 am

Hi!

I have a Panasonic VT50 plasma TV and to avoid image burn-in, i would like the Noe X5 to timeout the screen but still passthroug audio to my receiver if i play music with spotify.

Native screen timeout wasnt active in the settings menu, but i downloaded a "power" widget so now i can adjust the screen timeout.
But when the screen times out, the sound goes away as well....

magoafono

Re: Use with plasma screen - Screen timeout w/ audio passthr

Postby magoafono » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 am

I have the same "issue"... I'd like to know if is it possible to listen to the music with my IMito MX1 while the screen is off.
I tried several app like Screen Standby and other screen off apps but also the audio channel is switched off with the screen ... :(

Does anyone know a workaround?

Thank you

ps: sorry for my bad english....

alwaysbless

Postby alwaysbless » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Switch to optical cable for audio output instead of using hdmi

Tjas

Postby Tjas » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:10 pm

Hey all, I just recently purchased my x5 through newegg and also have a plasma screen. Here are two options that might help you out with this problem -

I happen to run mine through a home theater receiver, where the unit is plugged directly via HDMI to the receiver first, then the receiver sends the video to the TV, and the sound to my speakers. In that setup, you could simply turn the TV screen off and let the sound go through the receiver to the speakers and save on the energy of having the TV on and not worry about the burn in problem.

If that isn't an option for you, what I did is to simply download a jpg off of google (too lazy to make my own) of a completely black background. Solid black. Then I added it to the picture gallery, it was the only thing I had in my picture gallery, but I'm sure you could just set up a folder where this file is the only thing in it. So, what you do is to start up the gallery and do a slide show. Since the black jpg is the only thing in there, it in effect just shows you a completely black screen.

When I did this, it was with the Rhapsody music app, which does keep playing in the background when I switch to other apps so it worked great.

Hope this helps!

Andrei9

Postby Andrei9 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:21 am

I don't have a neo x5, yet, it is "still shipping" to me, maybe next week i will receieve it.
I have a panasonic plasma GT30, and i'm affraid of image retention, or burn in, too, could you test this solution?
With neo x5 playing a melody, or anything else, just go to the TV menu ->picture -> screen -> off.
I hope the sound will still pe on.
Have a nice day!

Return to “Neo X5”